A community with growing spaces, that is going places, the City of Smithville, Missouri is comfortably uncomplicated. It is a desired destination for those who long to live quietly with quick access to convenient amenities. While it is closely connected to the Kansas City metropolitan area, Smithville is serene and far from routine. Unassuming with abundant areas of natural beauty, you can leave your mark here. Spread out and stretch your spaces in Smithville.
- Smithville’s 2010 Census population was 8,425 representing a growth rate of over 50% for the past decade. This results in a density of 1 person per 1.6 acres of land within the City. An intentional growth strategy has been identified to create a rural-urban balance for residents and businesses alike.
- Rated a 7 on the ISO Building Code Enforcement Scale, which lowers insurance rates on new homes.
- The average cost of new homes built in the last twelve months in Smithville, as provided by HBA/MLS is $177,368. 5 of 63 provided square footage data, which averages 2,267 square feet.
- Smithville Lake is a 7,700 acre Corps of Engineers recreational lake and park with 175+ miles of shoreline that offers boating, fishing, sail boating, marinas, swimming beaches, water skiing and inner tubing. There are two 18-hole championship golf courses, riding/hiking trails, a nature preserve, camping, picnic sites, youth camping facilities, trapshooting and hunting. Smithville Lake attracts an estimated 1.5 million visitors each year as well as countless wildlife including Canadian and Snow Geese and an estimated 170+ Bald Eagles.
- City of Smithville Park Facilities: In addition to the amenities offered at Smithville Lake, City and subdivision parks offer baseball, soccer and football fields, camping, walking/hiking trails and playground areas.
- The Smithville R-II School District is highly respected for its academic achievements some of which are listed below. Additionally, the School District currently enrolls 2400+ students which enables them to provide an excellent curriculum and educational environment and maintain a low student to teacher ratio.
In 2015, Smithville was named as #11 on the 50 Safest Cities in Missouri. The following year, the City placed #13 on the list.
In 2016, the City was named #5 on the list of Best Suburbs to Raise a Family in the Kansas City Metro by Movoto Real Estate.
In 2016, Smithville was rated as the #6 fastest growing city by the Kansas City Business Journal.
In 2017, Smithville was rated the #2 Coolest Small Town in Missouri by FaceBook's Only In Missouri.