At the March 7, 2017 meeting, the Board of Aldermen approved the Smithville Adopt-A-Street Program. This program is based off of the popular and successful MoDOT Adopt-A-Highway program.
The program allows individuals, families, civic groups or businesses to adopt a section of street in Smithville for a period of two (2) years. During the adopted time litter along the street is collected by the adopting individual or group three times per year.
Supplies of safety equipment and trash bags will be supplied by the City.
Portions of the following streets are available for adoption: 169 Spur
- Main Street (169 Hwy to Liberty Street)
- F Hwy (169 Spur to Pope Lane)
- F Hwy (Pope Lane to Litton Way)
- 180th Street (169 Hwy to F Hwy)
- 188th Street (169 Hwy to F Hwy)
- Commercial Street (92 Hwy to 169 Hwy)
- Commercial Street (92 Hwy to Meadow)
- Tillman (92 Hwy to 145th Street)
- 10. N. Virginia (Amory Road to 132nd Street)
- Amory Road (169 Hwy to N. Virginia)
- Liberty Street (Liberty Road to 92 Hwy)
- 13. N. Main Street (180th Street to 188th Street)
To apply for adoption of a street, click the application and review the program rules and regulations. All participants will be required to sign a Waiver of Liability. Following are links for all documents. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adopt-A-Street - Program Policies
Adopt-A-Street - Agreement
Release and Assumption of Risk & Waiver of Liability